Ingram Micro and U.S. Micro Turn IT Junk into Reseller Revenue
When end users want to get rid of outdated IT equipment, they face two challenges:
Damage to the environment from hazardous substances inside such equipment
Risk of data being misappropriated, with breach of confidentiality or identity theft
It’s a big problem. Far more IT equipment is junked than properly disposed.
And while it may not be the first thing you think of as a computer reseller, but end-of-life frustration with IT equipment is hurting your bottom line. Why?
Customers without a good solution for discarding old IT equipment may delay buying decisions for new equipment and technology.
Clean and Safe Disposal with the Ingram Micro Seal of Approval
To help both resellers and end-users, computer distributor Ingram Micro recently launched its ITAD (IT Asset Disposition) services with its partner, U.S. Micro Corporation.
U.S. Micro is a major player in the recycling of IT equipment and takes a 100 percent “no landfill” approach: 90 percent of IT equipment it handles is reconditioned and the remaining 10 percent is recycled in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) directives.
The ITAD solution also ensures that the “digital history” of electronic equipment is erased, including the secure deletion of information from hard drives, memory cards, jump drives, copiers, and printers. The Ingram Micro ITAD program offers on-site data removal or secure transport of equipment concerned to a processing facility. Once the process has been completed, end-users receive certification to release them from further liability.
New Computer Reseller Revenue Stream
Ingram Micro resellers can sell ITAD services to end-customers anywhere in the U.S.
So computer resellers can therefore increase their service revenue and the value they bring. Plus, Ingram Micro and U.S. Micro have ensured that their process complies with the major regulatory requirements such as HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), which has specific rules about how end-of-life IT equipment is to be scrapped.
Will reselling the Ingram Micro ITAD services, instead of your company doing its own IT asset disposal, free up time and resources to concentrate on higher margin projects?
Tell us how you see the potential for services like ITAD from Ingram Micro to reshape the value-add of a computer reseller in the COMMENTS section below.
Creative Commons Image Source: flickr Steve Snodgrass