Cybercrime costs the average U.S. business $15.4 million. To avoid being one of the statistics, stay current with trends and advances concerning security. One way: attend security conferences where leaders in the field present the latest ideas. There are many, so to help you choose which might be best for you, here are some security conferences that benefit identity management professionals.
Five Must-Attend Security Conferences for Those in IDM/IAM
- Cloud Identity Summit – Typically held in June, the Cloud Identity Summit (CIS), hosted by Ping Identity, is one of the most popular identity management-related conferences in the industry. Leaders in the industry present real-world issues, trends, challenges, and, most importantly, solutions. The 2016 conference is in New Orleans, June 6-9, and will emphasize the importance of identity and security in the digital age.
- CISO Summit (United States) – CDM Media hosts CISO Summits throughout the year, with this one being the largest U.S. based one. 2016’s event is being held in Chicago, May 1-3. The CISO Summit is geared to C-level IT and security executives, and entails talks from thought leaders, think tanks, question and answer sessions, and more. It emphasizes the latest trends for staying ahead of hackers to prevent data breaches.
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit – Gartner is a leading research company and holds annual summits that feature speakers and exhibitors from the information technology The 2016 Security & Risk Management Summit is in National Harbor, Maryland, June 13-16. It will address the latest threats and the strategies to combat them, as well as the role of the CISO in the digital age.
- Black Hat USA – Black Hat holds annual conferences in Asia, Europe, and the U.S. The 2016 U.S. conference is in Las Vegas on July 30th to August 4th. The conference brings together researchers and instructors to present security information from a vendor-neutral environment. Get up-to-date with the latest hacks and defenses. Over 50 training courses are provided during the conference, many of which cover material not found in any other conference.
- Infosecurity Europe - Highlighting the international scene, this conference is held in June (7-9th in 2016 in London), and is considered Europe’s number one information security event. 2016’s event features 127 leaders from all fields of identity management and security from around the world as speakers and over 315 exhibitors.
The Bottom Line
These are just a few of the annual events held concerning security and identity management issues. Mark your calendar to attend this year, or make plans now for next year’s events. These events provide an excellent way to stay on top of emerging security risks, and provide opportunities to hear from, and network with top thought leaders in the industry.
What do you consider to be must-attend security conferences for the identity management professional? Let us know in the Comments.
And if you’re an identity management executive that needs to improve your firm’s marketing and sales results, be sure to download your free copy of our eBook on “Identity Management Lead Generation Best Practices.”Identity Management Lead Generation Best Practices.”