Content marketing is no longer a nice-to-have for SaaS startups and scaleups.
To be blunt: you can’t grow a SaaS business without content marketing.
Since starting content from scratch can to many seem overwhelming, I’ve narrowed down your to-do list to seven essential SaaS content marketing building blocks you need to succeed:
- Make a list of the 10 questions you get asked all the time from your prospects and customers.
- Turn each of these questions into a video.
- Post these videos to your YouTube channel.
- Create and edit the transcript of the 10 questions you get asked all the time. Add an introduction and conclusion, so you have a complete eBook.
- Use Canva to make your eBook look more professional (matching your brand colors and logo).
- Add a pop-up throughout your website so you can offer your new eBook as a way to build your email list (using HubSpot Marketing Hub Starter).
- Set up social media profiles on all the other major platforms where your most important customers participate. For most SaaS startups, this will include LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
What kind of SaaS content marketing have you tried so far? What’s worked best? Let me know in the comments.