Run a quick search on LinkedIn Sales Navigator for “digital marketing” professionals in the Marketing job function, and you’ll find some very large numbers:
- More than 540,000 in the U.S.
- More than 200,000 in India
- More than 150,000 in the U.K.
Why Digital Marketing Talent is So Critical to Your Company's Growth
In today's digital age, having a strong and effective digital marketing strategy is crucial for the growth and success of any company. This is where digital marketing talent comes into play.
Digital marketing talent possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to create and execute successful marketing campaigns across various digital platforms. They understand the importance of utilizing search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, email marketing, and other digital marketing tactics to drive traffic and leads to your website. With the right talent on board, your company can effectively target and engage with your ideal audience, resulting in higher conversion rates and a stronger online presence.
Furthermore, digital marketing talent can help your company adapt to changing trends and technologies in the digital space. They can analyze data and provide insights into what works and what doesn't, allowing you to make informed decisions about your marketing strategy. In today's ever-changing digital landscape, having a team of talented digital marketers can give your company a competitive edge and ensure long-term growth and success.
1+ Million Digital Marketing Professionals
For an estimated total of more than 1,000,000 digital marketers worldwide.
So given these sheer numbers of digital marketers, how do you find the right digital marketing expert for your company?
Ask Your Community for Digital Marketing Hiring Recommendations
Digital marketing experts with experience relevant to your business model are likely already present in the same communities and ecosystems you frequent.
For example, suppose you're an accountant or architect with certain social media channels, blogs, podcasts, or conferences that you attend.
In that case, there's an excellent chance that the digital marketing experts that know your business model and industry the best are right there participating:
- Sharing helpful advice and adding to the conversations in social
- Writing and being quoted in insightful blog posts
- Hosting and being interviewed on relevant podcasts
- Speaking at relevant conferences
- Becoming a Digital Marketing Expert | Upskilling Advice
- Comparing a Software Development Company vs. a Marketing Agency
- Content Creation Agency: Examining the Pros and Cons
- Entry-Level Marketing Jobs and the Skills You Need
- Finding the Google Ads Specialist of Your Wildest Dreams
- How to Write a Content Strategist Job Description and Interview Questions
- Is a Marketing Career for You?
- My Digital Marketing Career Advice
- Outsourced Digital Marketing (Career Advice | A Day in the Life)
- Tips for Hiring a Content Writer
- Top 13 Digital Marketing Manager Interview Questions for Tech Startups
- What Tech Founders Get Wrong When Hiring Marketing and Sales
How does your company locate the right digital marketing talent for your unique needs? And has your approach changed over time? Let me know in the comments.