Do you work in B2B SaaS? Read this post and watch the video to learn how you can improve your team's sales and marketing alignment.
Document Your Buyer Personas and Ideal Client Profile
- Who you’re marketing and selling to (prioritized buyer personas)
- What a good fit company/account looks like (ideal client profile/ICP)
- How to recognize if sales is speaking with the right person in the right account
- What motivates each buyer persona to take action and prioritize your product/service?
Document Your Marketing to Sales Handoff
- What defines a qualified lead?
- Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL)
- Sales Qualified Lead (SQL)
- Deal stage definitions (based on provable actions the potential buyer has taken)
Set SMART Goals
- SMART = Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timebound
- Document in service level agreement (SLA) (wedding vows)
Collaborate on Content to Support Sales
- Marketing brings customer insight ⇒ editorial calendar (edcal)
- Sales brings prospect conversations/questions/objections ⇒ edcal
- Marketing interviews subject matter experts within sales
- Marketing writes/edits/produces content
- Marketing uses content to advance leads to MQLs; provides templates to help sales advance SQLs to opportunities
What's been most instrumental in helping you improve the sales and marketing alignment at your B2B SaaS company? Let me know in the comments below.
Topics:- B2B Digital Marketing Strategy