Social media marketing helps you attract, engage, and delight the right people in the right places at the right time and for the right reasons. With the top platforms reaching anywhere from hundreds of millions to billions of people worldwide, your audience is almost certainly spending a lot of time on social media platforms each month.
Yet when it comes to social media, staying in front of the right people, and participating beneficially, can be easier said than done. And that’s where social media tools for marketing come into play.
In this blog post, you’ll learn about the 11 questions you need to ask when looking for the right social media tools for marketing.
- Can the social media tools you use support the social media platforms that are most important to your core buyer personas?
- How many social media platforms and social media profiles do you need to publish to and monitor?
- What will the social media tools cost? (Taking into account the social media platforms and social media profiles you need to publish to and monitor regularly, as well as how many users need access)
- Do the tools have bulk upload capabilities that allow you to work more efficiently?
- Are there any artificial capacity limits that may hamper your ability to preload a certain number of status updates? Or schedule forward a certain number of weeks or months?
- Are there self-paced training and certification programs that make it easy for you and your team to keep up with tool-specific and industry-wide changes? (For example, I’m a big fan of HubSpot Academy's Social Media Marketing Certification program and the certifications from LinkedIn Marketing Solutions.)
- Is there a mobile app or at least mobile web-browser-friendly support? For both iOS and Android?
- What about security features such as levels of permissions/roles and multifactor authentication?
- What analytics and reporting capabilities allow you to measure your engagement, clicks, and downstream conversions?
- Do your colleagues on social media have any favorite social media tools to consider?
- Is it possible that you may need more than one social media tool to support your marketing goals?
What other questions do you ask when considering new social media tools for marketing? Let me know in the comments section below.
And if you need more help figuring out your social media marketing strategy and how to grow your company better and faster, be sure to enroll now in our free 7-day eCourse: Go-to-Market Strategy 101 for B2B SaaS Startups and Scaleups.