SailPoint IdentityIQ provides a unified approach to compliance, governance, and identity and access management (IAM) for both internal and cloud applications. While designed for on-site deployment, by providing a way to roll out to the cloud, IdentityIQ future-proofs your IAM efforts.
Programs like IdentityIQ that combine user provisioning with access governance don’t just have a role in the future; they are the future of identity management.
What is SailPoint IdentityIQ?
SailPoint’s IdentityIQ is less provisioning-based and more governance-based in its approach to IAM. It focuses more on governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC), reporting, and centralized policy enforcement.
Some argue that the term “identity management” doesn’t apply anymore, and “identity governance” should be used instead. Other companies are beginning to take a similar approach. However, SailPoint’s position in the field is evident.
For three years in a row, SailPoint has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Identity Governance and Administration and was named by Deloitte as the fastest growing IAM company in the U.S. for the second straight year.
Rather than being a patchwork of different applications cobbled together, IdentityIQ was built to be a fully integrated solution from the start. The key components include:
- Compliance Manager. This automates certifications and policy management.
- Lifecycle Manager. Put access request and password capabilities in the hands of the user to free your IT and help desk departments from the time-consuming task. It also automates access privileges based on user lifecycle changes.
- Access Manager. Governance-based single sign-on (SSO) to all of your applications – including mobile and external devices.
- Identity Intelligence. Easy-to- use dashboards allow you to drill down for pertinent information, reporting, and advanced analytics that is presented in easy-to-understand, descriptive terms.
- Governance Platform. The key here is centralization. IdentityIQ provides a single place to model roles and policies, and to create compliance and access management throughout your enterprise.
- Connectivity Foundation. Because you may not want to lose significant investments you’ve made in legacy systems, IdentityIQ has out-of-the-box integration with Oracle Identity Manager, IBM Security Identity Manager, Novell Identity Manager, and others. These integrations allow you to transition gradually to IDaaS (IAM-as-a-Service) when the time is right for your enterprise.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for an enterprise level, easy-to-use, centralized solution that supports legacy applications as well as the cloud, SailPoint’s IdentityIQ is something you will want to investigate to make sure your needs are not only met for today’s issues, but for tomorrow’s as well.
Do you use IdentityIQ? What do you think the future of IAM will be? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments box below.
And to learn about how you, as an IAM professional, can attract the right clients to your firm, be sure to download your copy of our free eBook on "Identity Management Lead Generation Best Practices."
Topics:- Identity Management