The U.S. Department of Labor found that construction hiring has been on an upward trend almost non-stop since 2012. At the state level, 22,000 new construction jobs were created the year before last.
The trade group, Associated Builders and Contractors of Florida, surveyed its members and found that 88% of construction firms are hiring with 45% of construction firms expecting to grow. And the Sun-Sentinel and Construction Dive found similar optimism including “plenty of work” and a “booming” market.
We uncovered these macro findings while doing the research and number-crunching for the South Florida Construction Market Opportunity Report -- which looks as 48 metrics from 87 construction firms in Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami-Dade County, to answer the question: Which construction businesses in Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Miami-Dade County are more digitally-savvy than others?
Among the 21 construction companies in Palm Beach County analyzed in the report, nine are located in West Palm Beach:
- Burkhardt Construction | Careers -- Although no specific job openings are listed, visitors to Careers page are encouraged to either an email contact at the company or fill out an online job application.
- Butler Construction Company -- This company does not appear to be hiring now, as there’s no job postings page on its website or no job openings surfacing in search engines.
- Hedrick Brothers Construction Co. | Careers -- In addition to currently showing job openings for Accounts Payable Senior, Assistant Project Manager, Chief Estimator, Compliance Manager, Estimator, Hospitality/Country Club Superintendent, Project Administrator, Superintendent Level I, Superintendent Level II, Superintendent Level III, and Senior Estimator, the Hedrick Brothers Careers page has a great five minute introduction video featuring company founder and president Dale Hedrick talking about its investments in technology including building information modeling and virtual design. In the video, job candidates also meet executive vice president Gene Parker, residential project manager Kyle Papke, and project estimator Kelly Cloaninger -- plus get introduced to construction projects that the company works on, the kind of construction professionals that it employs, and its stewardship within the community. The page also describes its campus recruiting, training and development, and benefits.
- KAST Construction | Join Or Team -- The page mentions how KAST Construction was awarded “One of the Best Places to Work in Florida” by Florida Trend Magazine, and how it offers extensive training as well as healthcare insurance, 401K with company matching, paid vacation, paid sick days, and competitive compensation. Job openings include assistant project managers, assistant supers (interior), estimators, general supers (high rise), project engineers, project managers, senior estimators, and senior project managers in the West Palm Beach, Miami, and Tampa areas. Interested candidates are invited to contact human resources director Cindy Perih.
- S&D Contracting | Join Our Team -- As a specialist in shell construction on the east coast of Florida, the S&D Contracting employee benefits package includes healthcare insurance, 401K with company matching, paid vacation, and paid sick days. The company is currently looking specifically for Skilled Superintendents.
- Sisca Construction Services | Employment -- Looking to hire for construction projects throughout South Florida, Sisca Construction provides eligible employees with a comprehensive healthcare insurance plan, 401K plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays. Sisca Construction has job openings for project managers and a project superintendent.
- Sloane Construction Company -- This residential and commercial construction company does not have any job openings listed on its website.
- Verdex Construction -- While Verdex Construction has expertise in construction management, design/build, general contracting, pre-construction, and tenant improvements, it does not have any job openings listed on its website -- although its Contact page does have an Employment Inquiries heading with an email box setup specifically for jobs.
- Woolems -- This construction company does not have any job openings listed on its website.
So besides the nine construction companies in West Palm Beach that are analyzed in the South Florida Construction Market Opportunity Report, what else is going on with job openings in the greater West Palm Beach area?
- American Building Contractors -- Tile and Shingle Roofing Crews
- ANATOM Construction Company -- Construction Superintendent
- B & I Contractors -- Sheet Metal Superintendent
- Bainbridge Construction & Development -- Construction Project Administrator
- Capital Commercial Maintenance -- Construction Worker
- Cardwell Home Improvements -- Carpenter Helper/Laborer
- Central Broward Construction -- Yard Foreman and Mechanic
- Complete General Contracting Group -- General Contractor Salesman
- Delta Construction Partners -- Electrical Construction Service Technician
- Gilbane Building Company -- Estimator I, Estimator II, General Superintendent
- Gizmos Lion Sheet Metal -- Front Desk Receptionist
- H&J Contracting -- Construction Project Manager, Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic, Total Site Development Estimator
- HFT Maintenance and Construction --Experienced Construction Helper, Experienced Construction Technician
- Lynx Construction Management -- Construction Worker / Laborer / Helper
- Mattamy Homes -- Summer Construction Internship
- MCO Construction and Services -- Construction Inspector (Water and Sewer)
- Platinum Construction -- Heavy Equipment Operator
- SMC Contracting -- Equipment Operator
- Straticon -- Assistant Project Manager - Construction and Project Manager - Construction
- Tan Construction Services -- Estimator (Steel & Metal, Misc Metal), Project Engineer
In this post, you’ve been introduced to job openings for many of the West Palm Beach construction companies analyzed in the South Florida Construction Market Opportunity Report. You’ve also seen another 20 construction-related firms in the area that are hiring and some of the jobs that they’re looking to fill.
Download a Free Excerpt from the South Florida Construction Market Opportunity Report
If you’re a principal or staff member of a construction company, and you want to learn more about which construction companies in West Palm Beach and the broader South Florida region are best positioned to compete and win in a digital-first world, you can download a free 10 page excerpt from the South Florida Construction Market Opportunity Report.