The Computer Consulting Kit Home Study Course was a self-paced training course for owners of SMB technology companies, including computer consulting businesses, VARs, and network integrators -- primarily in the USA, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
The training program included:
- 2 critique certificates for one-on-one assistance with marketing, proposals, and support agreements
- 6 module workbooks
- 12 hours of streaming video tutorials
- 12 support agreement case studies
- 14 hours of audio training programs and text transcripts
- 38 templates for sales, support agreements, and IT contracting
- 46 marketing collateral templates
- 90 day trial membership in the Computer Consulting Kit Club, which provided 10 new resources every month including tutorials, document critiques, and templates
- Rebrandable seminar slide deck and white paper
- Virtual IT Cash Flow, Credit and Collections Toolkit with 4 cash flow forecasting templates
The Computer Consulting Kit Home Study Course was first released in March 2007 and replaced the Computer Consulting 101 Professional Kit and the Ultimate Service Agreement. The program was sunsetted during 2013 with support ending at the conclusion of 2014.
Challenges Addressed by Training Program
Most who purchased the $997 (US) self-paced training program invested in the course materials to improve three specific skills sets -- to learn how to:
- Increase their monthly recurring revenue
- Get more clients on annual service contracts
- Grow their business and profitability
Business Model Pivot
In 2013, the publisher of the Computer Consulting Kit Home Study Course began pivoting its core business model from training to implementation.
Because of dramatic market shifts in B2B purchasing cycles, where search, social, mobile, and cloud make many traditional interruption-centric marketing channels anywhere from much less effective to obsolete, the company rebranded as SP Home Run Inc. and now provides outsourced Inbound marketing services for B2B technology companies.