Run a quick search on LinkedIn Sales Navigator for “digital marketing” professionals, in the Marketing job function, and you’ll find some very large numbers:
- More than 540,000 in the U.S.
- More than 200,000 in India
- More than 150,000 in the U.K.
For an estimated total of more than 1,000,000 digital marketers worldwide.
So given these sheer numbers of digital marketers, how do you find the right digital marketing expert for your company?
Digital marketing experts with experience relevant to your business model are likely already present in the same communities and ecosystems you frequent.
For example, suppose you're an accountant or architect with certain social media channels, blogs, podcasts, or conferences that you attend.
In that case, there's an excellent chance that the digital marketing experts that know your business model and industry the best are right there participating:
- Sharing helpful advice and adding to the conversations in social
- Writing and being quoted in insightful blog posts
- Hosting and being interviewed on relevant podcasts
- Speaking at relevant conferences
How does your company go about locating the right digital marketing talent for your unique needs? And has your approach changed over time?
Let me know in the comments.
Topics:- B2B Digital Marketing Strategy