As a B2B content marketing strategist and revenue growth consultant for small business CEOs, with 20+ years of experience in content, my clients are always on the lookout for new ways to generate more highly qualified leads and sales opportunities.
Here’s what I recommend:
- Identify your most important buyer personas so you can prioritize your content marketing investments (A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of an ideal client based on actual research and some select, educated speculation.)
- Create buyer persona documents on the consensus and pattern matching around demographics and psychographics, including goals, challenges, and the job to be done that your product or service solves.
- Identify core topics that your company wants to be known for at the intersection of buyer persona findings and keyword research.
- Create a content calendar for traffic generation content, including awareness stage videos, podcast episodes, and blog posts
- Map the buyer's journey -- awareness, consideration, and decision stages -- and create content offers for each buyer persona and buyer's journey stage combination
- Drive targeted search, social, and email traffic to landing pages for content offers to generate leads at various buyers' journey stages.
- Segment leads by buyer persona and buyer's journey or lifecycle stage,
- Nurture leads to sales opportunities by using additional content and context, especially email marketing, case studies, and webinars
- Train your sales team to interact as trusted advisors and subject matter experts with content-driven leads and sales opportunities
Do you need your content marketing to generate more leads and sales opportunities? If so, be sure to enroll now in our free 7-day eCourse: Go-to-Market Strategy 101 for B2B SaaS Startups and Scaleups.