Not every digital marketing campaign you undertake is truly trackable.
However, when you can measure what’s working vs. what’s not, you can more easily repeat the successes -- and dump the failures. This simple discipline can do wonders to improve marketing results over time.
With that in mind, here are ten ways that you can track your marketing campaigns:
- Set a SMART goal (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timebound)
- Identify target ideal client profile (ICP) and buyer persona(s)
- Determine if account-based marketing (ABM) should be used with a target account list
- Define the buyer's journey that each lead should mature through
- Determine which leads should be passed to sales vs. nurtured (and when)
- Create a basic service level agreement (SLA) for sales and marketing alignment
- Audit content and offers to identify gaps that need to be filled
- Create content and other related offers for each persona and journey stage
- Add sales cycle accelerants within conversion paths and marketing automation workflows
- Build reports and dashboards to track leads, opportunities, deals, closed-won revenue, and closed-lost revenue.
How do you track your digital marketing efforts? Let me know in the comments below.
Topics:- B2B Digital Marketing Strategy