Founders of and investors in B2B Fintech startups often make the mistake of believing that their biggest battles center around product development, battling the competition, and advancing to their next funding round.
However, in a digitally-transformed world, marketing carries enormous bearing on a Fintech startup’s chances of success with prospects, customers, channel partners, and other key stakeholders.
If you’re in this kind of business, make sure you keep these six of the biggest marketing challenges in mind as you scale your growth:
- Knowing who you're marketing to
- Positioning the company as experts and thought leaders
- Building and investing in processes to create and distribute thought leadership content at scale
- Investing in the brand to protect against marketplace commoditization
- Connecting the dots between the business model, unit economics, and marketing and sales investments
- Getting realistic and self-aware about marketing and sales investments
What marketing challenges have you faced? And how are you working to overcome them? Let me know in the comments section below.