What is a Digital Gap Audit? What is a DGA? A Digital Gap Audit is how all new SP Home Run clients start out working with us.
The reason being is most of the time when small and medium-sized businesses approach us, they're looking for some kind of outcome. They’re looking to solve a problem. Typically they’re looking to grow revenue, add new clients, and add new channel partners.
Most of the time they don't have a good idea if the foundation, the mechanics, the bones, or the skeleton are in good shape or not. So the first thing that we do is we spend a couple of sessions walking through a whole bunch of things having to do with traffic generation, lead generation, sales cycle acceleration, product/market fit, and competitive positioning. We also look at some of the technology tools that are in place. We look at the team, the talent, and the technology.
We want to understand -- is this company set up for success or not? And if they're not set up for success, what are the specific gaps that need to be addressed that are holding them back from being able to achieve their particular SMART goal in the timeframe they’ve set out?
A SMART goal is specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time bound.
- Specific - we have to have numbers to work with. Is it a certain number of leads? Is it a certain number of sales opportunities? Is it a certain number of new clients?
- Measurable - there has to be a platform, systems, and a thought process in place for how we’re going to make sure that we’re on the right track.
- Attainable - based on past-history, is this something that we can achieve? Is it attainable based on past results?
- Relevant - is it relevant to the overall mission of the company? That’s in place to protect us from chasing after vanity metrics that are more ego-based then having to do with bottom line revenue and the mission of the company.
- Time Bound - it’s critical that we have a deadline to work backward from. Anyone can say they want to run a marathon. But by giving ourselves a deadline, such as we’re going to run this marathon on this date. We know we have 11 months, 16 months, whatever it may be, and we can work backward from there.
The Bottom Line
So a Digital Gap Audit (DGA) is the first way that new clients work with SP Home Run to figure out exactly what they have, what they need, and what gaps need to be filled that are holding them back from achieving their goals.
Do you understand which gaps are holding your business back from achieving its goals? Share your thoughts in the section for comments below.
To learn more about our Digital Gap Audit (DGA), visit our Digital Gap Audit (DGA) page.